WINNIPEG HARVEST COLLECTION!
Our school has a great history of “Kids Helping Kids”. Once again we are asking for support from our wonderful Emerson Community! Last year in October, Emerson School donated over 200 Kilograms of non-perishable food items for Winnipeg Harvest. This October, we are challenging the Emerson community to exceed this amount of food donations.
This year Mrs.Haines/Mrs.Chorney ‘s Grade 1 and Ms. Muzyk’s Grade 3 students encourage you to make a cash donation or donate as many non-perishable food items as you can until Monday, October 28th. All donations are appreciated, especially those on the “Most Wanted List:
1. Canned fish and poultry
2. Canned fruit and vegetables (packed in own juice)
3. Canned stew, chili, brown beans
4. Peanut Butter
5. Baby Food Whole grain pasta/whole wheat pasta
7. Canned spaghetti sauce or tomatoes
8. Cereal (high fiber, non-sugar coated)
9. Canned soup
Thank you again for all the support you give our intiatives!